Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:15 PM

I am looking for educators interested in checking out IQWST, an NGSS aligned NSF funded curriculum. This curriculum elicits incredible student engagement, by utilizing high levels of exploratory learning with hands on activities. With this, students are engaged and excited to learn more and use readings with embedded questioning strategies that assist in making more connections between concepts.

If you are interested in learning more, please contact me at DToberman@activatelearning.com and I can provide you with immediate access to our tools. Thanks for your time and support of science education.

Dan

Daniel Toberman
Daniel Toberman

Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:31 PM

Hi,

My name is Donna Burrus and I conduct hands-on labs for PK-12 including my student designed outdoor classroom. I am leading the effort for our school to implement the NGSS for next school year. I am interested in looking at your materials and even serving as a test site.
Thank you for considering our participation,
Donna

Donna Burrus
Donna Burrus

Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:46 AM

Hello,

I am a PreK-12 Science and STEM Supervisor of Instruction in Caroline County MD. I have been trying to obtain the IQWST materials for several years now. I would be extremely interested in examining these materials as our middle schools move forward with the transition to the NGSS. Thanks, Debbie George

Deborah George
Deborah George

Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:39 PM

Good afternoon, I just checked back in on this post. Would love send you online access to our tools for review. Please feel free to contact me at DToberman@activatelearning.com.

Daniel Toberman
Daniel Toberman

Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:04 PM

I am interested in learning more about the IQWST materials as I teach 7th grade science in KY. My concern is that the KY alignment and the alignment of the IQWST units don't necessarily match up perfectly.

Ella Bowling
Ella Bowling

Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:40 PM

If you would like alignment information we have prepared it for every state. Please feel free to email me at any time and I can provide you with that information.

Daniel Toberman
Daniel Toberman

Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:07 PM

What are the principal investigators/institutions involved with your materials?

Gregory Diersen
Gregory Diersen

Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:08 AM

Greg,

IQWST was developed through grant funding from the National Science Foundation (NSF). The development team has combined expertise in science education, literacy education, and the learning sciences. The team was led by Principal Investigators Joe Krajcik, Ph.D., Brian Reiser, Ph.D., LeeAnn Sutherland, Ph.D., and David Fortus, Ph.D.

Joe Krajcik, Ph.D, (Michigan State University) has focused on working with science teachers to reform science teaching practices to promote students' learning of science. He was head of the The Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) Physical Science Design team and led the Physical Science Design team for the Framework for K - 12 Science Education.

Brian J. Reiser, Ph.D, (Northwestern University) worked with the National Research Council committee to develop the Framework for K-12 Science Education, which guided the design of The Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).

LeeAnn Sutherland, Ph.D. (University of Michigan) is the Chief Academic Officer for Activate Learning. In addition to her ongoing work to guide the development of the IQWST curriculum, she plays an active role in conducting professional development related to literacy learning in the context of science education.

David Fortus, Ph.D, (Weizmann Institute of Science) began his career as a science education researcher by developing learning environments that foster the transfer of scientific knowledge to real-world situations. Before joining the Weizmann Institute of Science, he was an assistant professor at Michigan State University, a high school physics teacher, and a project director in the aerospace industry.

Also as always, if anyone in this thread would like online preview to our materials please contact me at Dtoberman@activatelearning.com

All the best,