Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:01 AM

Dear Fellows-

I am looking forward to meeting you in LA!

To prepare for the Conference you can browse the sessions online and use the personal scheduler (http://www.nsta.org/conferences/schedule2.aspx?id=2017los) to select sessions that align with the work you will be doing in the Academy in STEM integration in support of engineering and workforce skills. I have attached a document that is an agenda of events that you must attend as an Academy Fellow as well as recommended general sessions. Please review this document carefully.

On Friday March 31 from 4:30-5:30 at the JW Marriott Studio 2 room, our program evaluator, Greg Sherman, is hosting a small focus group to discuss your conference experience and hopes/goals for the Academy. This is voluntary; if you want to join the focus group we will take the first ten who email me they are interested (Greg will have a small gift for your participation).

Post-conference we will begin our focused work on STEM and workforce skills through tasks in the Learning center. Please remember to utilize and familiarize yourself with the Learning Center.

If you have any questions please email me directly at wbinder@nsta.org.

Warm regards-
Wendy

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:32 AM

Good evening Ms. Binder.

I am interested to be in the focus group with Mr. Sherman.

Thanks.

John Hoayun
John Hoayun

Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:20 PM

I would like to ba a part of the focus group. Thank you, Tina

Tina McKenzie
Tina McKenzie

Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:52 PM

Hi,

I am interested in the Focus Group.

Catrina Reid
Catrina Reid

Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:11 AM

Good Morning Wendy,

Have we received our confirmed PLI tickets?

Catrina Reid
Catrina Reid

Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:46 PM

I am interested in attending the focus group with Greg Sherman on March 31st.

Thanks,

Sergio

Sergio Lopez
Sergio Lopez

Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:58 PM

Hi Fellows-
We will be meeting in just two weeks! I have enjoyed reading the introductions each of you have posted as it gives me faces with names- thank you!

Attached is a short PowerPoint you can view that covers some helpful information as you get ready to travel to LA.

Please review this at your earliest convenience. If you have any questions after viewing please post them here in the forum and I will reply in a timely manner.

Warm Regards-
Wendy

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:50 PM

Transportation from LAX airport:

I just learned today that the taxi fares have increased and average 60-90$ depending on traffic. Economical alternatives are:

Lyft--- they are offering attendees who are new to Lyft 15$ in free rides! Download their app and use 15BONUS as the code in payment section before requesting Lyft to claim your 15$ in free rides! This is for new accounts only-- but Lyft is way cheaper than taxis or even Uber.

Uber- they have offers for first time users all the time-- way cheaper than taxis.

Supershuttle--Also very cheap -- Use code CL3EL for conference rates--- www.supershuttle.com

Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:50 AM

Good morning,

Thanks for the information.

John Hoayun
John Hoayun

Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:02 AM

Please find below a brief FAQ for the NSTA Conference App:

Where can I find the NSTA Conference App?
Download via Apple Store or Google Play
Or can access at www.nsta.org/conferenceapp

What information is available within App?
· Complete Event Schedule
· Program Changes & Cancellations
· Speakers
· Show Hours
· Maps of the Convention Center, Hotel properties, Downtown area
· Exhibitor List
· Exhibit Hall Floor map
· Sponsor Listing
· Attendee to Attendee connections
· Shuttle Bus Schedule
· Transportation & Parking Information
· Social Media Connections
· Search Function
· Session Evaluations Link (doesn’t work too well on iPhone/iPad)
· General Information: Advice for First-Time Conference Attendees, Audiovisual Needs, Business Services, Discover LA Information Desk, First Aid Services/Lactation Room, Getting Around Town Guide, Lost and Found Info, Lyft Special Offer, NSTA International Lounge, NSTA TV, Parking, Presenters & Presiders Check-In

I’m having trouble loading the Los Angeles Conference within the App.
NSTA has one overall App which houses all of our conferences. If an attendee already has the App, they should try the following:
A) Tap the hamburger at top left, then Gear icon at top right, tap Back to All Events. You should see Los Angeles listed here and can load from this screen.
B) Force close the application and try reloading.

I’m a new user and am having trouble downloading the App.
This is typically a connectivity issue. Please find a location where you have a strong cellular signal or Wifi service and try to download again.

Can I login with my NSTA information?
No, you must create a separate CrowdCompass login.

I tried to create a login but never received a verification code?
Typically this is a connectivity issue. If you continue to experience this, please delete and reinstall the App.

Where is the schedule I created on the NSTA website?
The App and Website schedulers are on two different systems. You will need to recreate your conference schedule in the App if you’d like to have it there.

I want to take Notes and export them after the conference. How?
You must create a CrowdCompass Login. You can then export your notes to your CrowdCompass Account and download them from there.

I’m having a hard time finding what I’m looking for…
Try the Search function which is a robust key word search.

Other Questions/Issues:
Attendees can stop by the Exhibitor Registration desk for assistance.

Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:31 AM

When I clicked on the link to do the personal scheduler, I did not see it on the link. Can you give me an idea where to look on the page for it? Thanks.
Deb

Deborah Sparby
Deborah Sparby

Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:34 AM

right hand side of the page

Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:53 PM

Got completely scheduled! Thanks so much. I think I over scheduled on Friday, so I am hoping to make them all, but how much of a problem is it if I miss one of the sessions around lunch Friday? I signed up for all the ones you recommended, but think I may have bit off more than I can chew.

Deborah Sparby
Deborah Sparby

Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:36 AM

You may need to go to LA conference page and hit browse sessions- then its on right hand side-
heres the link again- but sometimes it takes you to our main page instead

Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:53 AM

Thank you! I am so excited to meet everyone in sunny LA!

Katherine Tateishi
Katherine Tateishi

Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:24 PM

Hi Wendy,

I'd be happy to participate in the focus group.

Thanks,
Stephanie :)

Stephanie Wotton
Stephanie Wotton

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:45 AM

Thank you Stephanie!

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:47 AM

Thank you John, Catrina and Tina-- and all who volunteered--i have enough now for the focus group. I will email the focus group when i have more details.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:19 AM

I am having trouble accessing the scheduler, is anyone else having the same issue?

Stephanie White
Stephanie White

Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:39 AM

see my post to Deborah on this

Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:10 AM

Yes, are we preregister for some events or not?

Sergio Lopez
Sergio Lopez

Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:42 AM

All conference badges and tickets come via email about -2 weeks before the conference!

Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:49 AM

Free opportunity March 29th in the evening-
Disney’s advance exclusive screening of their nature movie Born in China. This is an advanced showing and you can have free tickets while they last from Disney’s executives. You must register via the link below soon. No restrictions on guests or family was expressed to me.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:28 PM

I noticed this on one of the conference pages and registered for one ticket- I figured I might be going to this one alone, but would love company if anyone wants to join me!

Katherine Tateishi
Katherine Tateishi

Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:24 AM

I'm going! It sounds really interesting!

Jennifer Basalari
Jennifer Basalari

Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:30 PM

I'm going too!

Donna Miller
Donna Miller

Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:18 PM

I signed up to go as well.

Brooke Reynolds
Brooke Reynolds

Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:40 PM

Hello Ms. Binder,

I would love to an opportunity to participate in the focus group if there is still room.

Kristy Mar

Kristy Mar
Kristy Mar

Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:58 PM

I am going too! I will "run" from the Bill Nye Conference to the screening. I am super excited about all the sessions and events!

Rossy Guzman
Rossy Guzman

Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:28 PM

great--- i will be going as well!

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:57 PM