Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:36 AM

Does anyone know any cute physics songs that are not Rap? I did find one on Newton's Law of Motion to the tune of Locomotion.

Brenda Hornaday
Brenda Hornaday

Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:34 PM

I am so glad you are staying away from "educational rap songs", many students find that genre annoying beyond belief.

At any rate, I did my best searching for something along your parameters however yielded nothing.

But I did find this cool video about black holes that could be used as a hook for a lesson, depending on the age of student that is.

Logan Danna
Logan

Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:46 PM

Wow! my kids are so motivated by music, Where did you find the physics "locomotion "song.
Thank you.

Renie Martin

Maureen Martin
Maureen Martin

Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:57 AM

The Flocabulary site has a wealth of poems and music, and there is some rap music too!

Lisa Mozer
Lisa Mozer

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:08 PM

I like your idea of having songs for science! I feel like that is a great way to get students engaged and motivated. I know hearing song in school that pertained to learning helped me remember things. I can always remember the 50 states and capital song from 4th grade. Students I think would be more eager to learn the song without really realizing they are actually learning something along the way!

Halle Moshier
Halle Moshier

Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:31 PM

They Might Be Giants: Here Comes Science

Ross Winberg
Ross Winberg

Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:05 PM

They Might Be Giants is a good group.

Also, corny, but the old Grammar Rock series also has a Science Rock component with gravity, electricity, and other physics stuff.

Daniel Carroll
Daniel Carroll

Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:57 PM

I just YouTubed it just by putting "Newton Laws Song" (my ipad isn't letting me copy and paste the links). But it's super easy! Hope this helped!

Larosa Etienne
larosa etienne

Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:40 PM

http://sciencepoems.net/ is a great website with tons of science songs and poems to choose from. I suggest writing out the poem/song on chart paper for students to use as a reference throughout the unit. I hope this helps.

Nicole Bristol
Nicole Bristol

Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:46 AM

Thank you for posting this and providing the link! I will be using the songs and poems in my future classroom. :]

Mary Gonzalez
Mary Gonzalez

Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:59 PM

Thank you for this link. I am thinking of having my students add this to their science journal. My students love having references to help them remember things.

Kimberly McNorton
Kimberly McNorton

Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:31 PM

Thanks so much for this link. I'll use it a lot!!!

Charla Cook
Charla Cook

Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:50 PM

I feel that when you add songs to learning that the students would understand the concept better and remember it better then without a song.

Michelle Finzen
Michelle Finzen

Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:13 AM

This is not *technically* rap, but it is a slightly annoying pop culture song; however, that being said, kids love this song ("What does the Fox say?" --> "What's Newton's Law Say?") so it might stick! Good luck!

Jenna Bucklew
Jenna Bucklew

Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:30 AM

I found this to be a great song for physics. It is about our solar system.

[center][b]Oh, the sun is a star.
It’s our closest star.
It’s just 93 million miles away.[/b][/center]
[center][color=#000000][size=2][b]It gives us heat and light.
It makes the world just right.
We’re getting solar energy every day.[/b][/size][/color][/center]
[center][color=#000000][size=2][b]Solar power heats our water and homes
And it makes electricity.
Solar power is a natural resource
When we convert its energy.[/b][/size][/color][/center]
[center][color=#000000][size=2][b]Oh, the sun is a star.
Its light can travel far.
Hot gases burn at 10,000 degrees.[/b][/size][/color][/center]
[center][color=#000000][size=2][b]As it shines its light,
Plants can grow just right,
So the Earth is great for you and me.[/b][/size][/color][/center]
[center][color=#000000][size=2][b]Solar power heats our water and homes
And it makes electricity.
Solar power is a natural resource
When we convert its energy.[/b][/size][/color][/center]
[center][color=#000000][size=2][b]Oh, the sun is a star.
It’s our closest star.
It’s just 93 million miles away.[/b][/size][/color][/center]

Luke Guist
Luke Guist

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:57 PM

I really like this song because it can be used in a lot of different age groups. Younger children could just read it but older ones could possibly have to remember some information and recite it back at a later time.

Abby Neighbors
Abby Neighbors

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:58 PM

Songs are a fun and engaging way to make students interested about the topic!

Abby Neighbors
Abby Neighbors

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:22 PM

This is a fun way to engage students in Physics.  I know of bio songs, but didn't think about Physics songs.  Thanks for all the great ideas!

Bridget Warnke
Bridget Dontz

Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:21 AM

Check out Mr. Edmonds on youtube. I especially like his mass vs. weight song.

Toby Orenbuch
Toby Orenbuch

Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:06 AM

Do you know "The Electromagnetic Spectrum" song?

It is truly awful, but the chorus is great for remembering the order of the electromagnetic spectrum. My students still sing it to themselves years after hearing it.

David Budden
David Budden

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:00 PM

Here is a whole bunch of physics songs. I only looked at a few of them on this website, but I'm sure they are all catchy and fun!

Abby Lowman
Abby Lowman

Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:40 PM

Look for Physics Pholk Songs by David and Ginger Hildebrand. I have the CD and they have 14 physics songs - not rap for sure. Entertaining and pretty accurate. You may be able to download and not need a CD.

Donald Boonstra
Donald Boonstra

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:14 PM

What grade level are the songs for?

Abby Neighbors
Abby Neighbors

Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:02 PM

Thanks for the great ideas! I hope I can find some that work!

Emilly Collins
Emilly Collins

Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:59 PM

Abby,
The songs do not have grade levels. The difficulty of the topics range from fairly easy to upper high school. You would have to listen and then decide on appropriateness.

Donald Boonstra