Alexis Hartzell

Hello, My name is Alexis Hartzell. I am 20 years old. I'm from a small rural town north of Dayton. I enjoy working with students and can't wait to become a teacher in a couple years! I want to teach at the school I attended or another small school that surrounds my home town. I spend most of my free time working out, hanging out with my friends & family, reading, and working.

Location

OH

Recent Posts by Alexis

Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:45 PM in Kindergarten activities
Many of the schools that I have been in actively involve students in a gardening unit. The students explore the garden, observe within the garden, plant in the garden, and observe the changes in the garden! The students really seem to enjoy doing this and making the garden their own!

Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:43 PM in Energy Lesson Plan for Heat, Light, and Sound
I love that you posted your lesson on here! I enjoyed reading it and stored in away in my file of lesson plans to use in my future classroom!

Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:08 PM in Unit Plan on Trees
Trees are such an awesome thing to study because it is something that the students see everyday. One thing that I remember doing in elementary is going back to the park and collecting leaves from as many different trees that we could find. We then brought the leaves back to the classroom and compared the leaves to each other. We then did research on our favorite leaf and found the type of tree it ...

Recent Reviews by Alexis

Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:01 PM
5 Plate Tectonics
This scipack was very good! I learned about this material in a college course and it was a great refresher of the information. The scipack gives great detailed information and discusses thoroughly all information on the final assessment.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:36 PM
5 Rocks
The scipack on rocks was AWESOME. I thought that the scipack presented the information in a way that made it very easy for me to absorb and understand it. I chose to do this scipack because I have a love for rocks and rocks can be used to hit a lot of different standards in many grades. Rocks are talked about a lot in 3rd grade, but you can also use rocks to separate living from nonliving things. I recommend this scipack for any elementary teacher.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:37 PM
5 Science Object
This is a great science object to use if you need a refresher on the material! Very easy to follow!

Recent Public Collections by Alexis

Early Childhood Uploads

5 Resources

This is a collection of materials that I have uploaded to NSTA.

Freezing_and_Melting__Frozen_Lesson.docx
Type: User uploaded resource

Interaction_in_the_Classroom.docx
Type: User uploaded resource

Freezing_and_Melting__Frozen_Lesson.docx
Type: User uploaded resource

Garden_Lesson_Plan_.docx
Type: User uploaded resource

Scipacks

6 Resources

This is a collection of different Scipacks that can be useful in professional development for Elementary teachers.

Chemical Reactions