TraciAnn Harada

Affiliation

Farrington High School

Recent Posts by TraciAnn

Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:58 PM in Cells can't be boring!!
The website below also has a cool game the students could use to explore the cell Your text to link here...

Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:51 PM in Cells can't be boring!!
I think building a hands on cell is a great idea. Another hook you could use is having the students look at their own cells under the microscope. They could also look at plant cells. Then they can make a list of similarities and differences. This would allow them to explore on their own (inquiry.. yay!).

Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:56 AM in Mutations
I agree, plastics are good :) and easy to clean and store for next time!!

Recent Reviews by TraciAnn

Thu May 09, 2013 12:12 AM
5 Coral Ecosystem
I looked through the Coral Ecosystems and stumbled upon a some great resources and lesson plans that deal with coral ecosystems. I really liked the "Coral Reefs and Their Place in Interdependent Ecosystems" link. In the link there was a neat scavenger hunt handout that goes with the computer simulation. The great thing is, I could probably modify the handout and take the students on a field trip to visit a local coral reef after going through the simulation and they can make comparisons. The Ocean Quest link will also be helpful for the students on the field trip. The could look at some of the pictures and see if they can identify them while at the coral reef. All in all, this is a great place filled with many helpful resources.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:18 AM
5 Awesome collection
This is great! So handy! Thank you!!

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:51 PM
4 9-12 Types of Reactions
I really enjoyed browsing through this SciGuide. I liked how each section had a whole bunch of links and resources for each topice. The part I found the most helpful was the 9-12 types of reactions. I really enjoyed looking through the links for the students. I know that my students will definitely benifit from these sites. Since I had already passed this section for this semester, I will definitely try a couple of the sites for next semester.