Jennifer Basalari

Location

FL

Recent Posts by Jennifer

Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:53 AM in Standards Based Grading and NGSS
I really like this idea! I'm checking out the website, but would also like to be part of the discussion.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:52 AM in Getting girls involved in Science
I just had this wonderful experience with Northrup Grumman and one of the presenters said that girls (and boys) lose interest when a student has a bad experience with math/science or a particular teacher expresses a disinterest in these areas. Getting the students engaged in the activity is key. Girls might not like robots, but could relate to chemical engineering with makeup or nail polish. An...

Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:30 PM in Science Notebook
Kira, I love the idea about the right and left side of the spiral.  I've heard this before, but somehow I get sidetracked and forget.  One thing I've done to make it better, is the teacher example I make for absent students (and to keep myself straight) is make notes as I go for the next year.  During the summer, I also go through it, and get rid of the info/lessons I feel didn't impact student le...

Recent Reviews by Jennifer

Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:10 PM
5 Nature of Science
This was a great article. It reinforces the importance of teaching more than just the scientific method and that science evolves.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:47 AM
5 Interactive Rock Cycle
This is an interactive website that portrays the parts of the rock cycle. Students will be able to explore the rock cycle in all phases. This could be used as a class or groups. I highly recommend.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:26 AM
5 Reading and Science
I really like this article. It gives a great example and outline of incorporating reading in science. As a fifth grade math/science teacher, this will help students read higher lexile text with understanding.

Recent Public Collections by Jennifer