Moving Toward NGSS: Connecting Science to Common Core With Picture-Perfect Science Lessons
NSTA Press Author (Picture-Perfect Science series, Teaching Science Through Trade Books, and Next Time You See children's book series)
- Required text: Even More Picture-Perfect Science Lessons
- Course duration: December 2–20, 2013
- Live web seminar dates: December 2, December 9, December 16, all at 6:30 p.m. ET
- Member price: $179
- Nonmember price: $199
- Registration for this course is now closed.
This online short course will provide practical ways to connect the Next Generation
Science Standards (NGSS) with the Common Core State Standards, English
Language Arts through the use of high-quality, science-related picture books. Through
synchronous web seminars and asynchronous discussions, K-5 educators will:
- Experience model lessons that teach the NGSS for grades K-5;
- Learn how to integrate Common Core reading and writing standards into elementary
- Explore the 5E instructional model as a way to sequence elementary science lessons;
- Be introduced to several quality science trade books that can be used to teach the
NGSS and Common Core ELA standards.
Participants will attend three live web seminars with the instructor. In the days
between the live sessions, they will complete readings, implement model lessons
in their classrooms, and participate in discussion forums with a community of K-5
Participants should plan to spend approximately 10-15 hours on this online course,
including asynchronous and synchronous components.
is available for an additional fee.
Use the links on the left to view more details about the course.
For more information contact email@example.com