Using NSTA as Your Online Textbook with Pre-service Teachers
This web seminar took place on December 12, 2017, from 4:00 pm to 5:15 pm Eastern time. The presenter was Flavio Mendez, Assistant Executive Director of the NSTA Learning Center. Thanks to the participants and the presenter for the learning opportunity, the interactions, and a job well done!
Professors at institutions of higher education have chosen to use the NSTA Learning Center as their online textbook resulting in thousands of pre-service teachers each year engaging with NTSA’s digital assets to enhance their content and pedagogical knowledge. In the Learning Center, pre-service teachers:
- Build a library of resources to enhance their content and pedagogical knowledge
- Converse online with classroom teachers
- Upload their original work to their library for future use or documentation
- Create and share collections of resources with classmates and other Learning Center users
- Establish a professional persona and experience the benefits of online professional learning
How does it work?
When you choose to use the Learning Center as your online textbook, your students pay a nominal fee to purchase a class bundle, composed of 1-year NSTA Membership and an NSTA Learning Center Subscription. While the subscription is active, students can add most resources in the Learning Center to their library for free. All resources added to the library, stay in the library forever (exception: NSTA SciPacks, which expire after 1 year).
View the web seminar archive
To view the presentation slides from the web seminar and related resources, visit the resource collection. Continue discussing this topic in the community forums.
A certificate of attendance was deposited into participants' My Profile area in the NSTA Learning Center for completing the evaluation form at the end of the program.
Here are some comments provided by the participants at the end of the Web Seminar:
- "The NSTA Learning Center has a ton of resources to implement into the university course."
- "Looking forward to implementing the NSTA site into the course. Appreciate having such a vast collection of resources."
- "I learned about all the awesome online resources that NSTA offers."
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Underwritten by the National Science Teachers Association