You Deserve the Credit!
SciPacks are 10 hour online learning experiences that you can use to help you better
understand the content you teach. SciPacks are aligned with the national science
education standards. Each SciPack contains:
- Up to five self-paced interactive online learning experiences called Science Objects
that use an inquiry-based approach with engaging simulations and embedded questions.
- An email content Mentor to address your individual questions; these knowledgeable
content experts respond via email within 48 hours.
- A pedagogical component to assist you in translating the content for your classroom.
- The opportunity to pass a final assessment and print a certificate from NSTA demonstrating
your understanding of the content addressed within the SciPack. The certificate
can be found in the "My PD Record and Certificates" tool page.
Teachers are encouraged to seek approval in advance from their district for continuing
education credits that may be ascribed for passing the final assessment. NSTA is
establishing relationships with the department of education in states across the
U.S. to formalize the recertification value for completing a SciPack, or series
The FAQs on SciPacks
- What do SciPacks cover? Each SciPack focuses on a set of key content ideas—such as Force and Motion or Plate Tectonics. There are 25 SciPacks available today.
- How will SciPacks help me learn? In the Science Objects you will find Interactive
simulations to get you engaged and embedded questions to make sure you understand
and remember the content. The style and tone are lively—even entertaining.
- How will SciPacks help me teach? SciPacks challenge you to explore and explain
real-world phenomena, and offer student misconceptions to watch out for and practical
ideas for addressing them.
- How much time will it take me to work through a SciPack? You will spend up
to ten hours, at your convenience. You can start and stop at any point.
Once I successfully complete a SciPack, where do I find the certficate?
The certificate can be found in the "My PD Record" tool page.
- So how do I start? Do it now! Begin or just browse at the links below.