The NSTA Learning Center Community Update is a bulletin created to inform science educators who use the NSTA professional learning portal. We invite you to visit NSTA online communities often for personalized professional learning experiences. See below links for opportunities, forum discussions, journal articles, and resource collections.
Upcoming Web Seminars (free):
- Web Seminar: NSTA Science Update: Our Past, Present, and Future Sun, 6/18
- Web Seminar: Opportunities to Build Your Weather, Ocean, and Climate Science Literacy by Leveraging the AMS-Cal U Partnership, 6/25
- Web Seminar: NSTA Science Update: Apollo 11 – 50 Years Past and Future, 7/24
- Web Seminar: Leaders for Science Education: Preparing an Application for the NSTA Board and Council, 9/17
- Web Seminar: NSTA Science Update: Pulse of the Planet: The State of the Climate in 2019, 9/18
- Web Seminar: NSTA Science Update: Exploring Earth's Final Frontier: The Deep Sea, 10/17
Upcoming Opportunities for Extended Professional Learning (fee-based):
The NSTA Forums: Engage with Like-Minded Individuals:
Recognizing NSTA Learning Center High Flyers:
Every month we recognize science educators who work online to better themselves on behalf of their students. Congratulations to the top five educators on the May 2019 National Leader Boards:
Journal Articles from 2019:
Selected Public Collections:
Meet the Online Advisors - Learning Center Online Advisors are experienced educators who help Learning Center users identify resources and tools in support of their professional learning. Users of the Learning Center may interact with Online Advisors in the (a) asynchronous Community Forums and/or (b) by sending them a private message through their profile page.
In every issue of the NSTA Learning Center Community Update we highlight available resources, upcoming events and opportunities, discussions taking place in the community forums, and professional learning tools. In addition, we plan to use these Community Updates to celebrate the professional growth of science teachers and to recognize the volunteers and staff that support the NSTA Learning Center. If you have questions, please send a message to email@example.com.