I will be graduating from college in a year and a half, hopefully then teaching secondary science. How do teachers/schools get funding for new laboratory materials for their classes? How does the process for applying for educational grants work? Thank you!




Abby DeBaillie

Wartburg College 2020

Chemistry/Secondary Education

Abby DeBaillie
Abby DeBaillie
70 Activity Points

You certainly need to speak with the deans in charge of chemistry, engineering, etc. at your college to see who they partner with for funding and they may know of grants specifically geared towards your grade level and strand of science. Once you are assigned to a school full time, see if they have partners in education and what those partners provide to the school. Right now, a lot of people are eager to support STEM education so there is some funding in that area. Your school board usually has a grant department so check with them because there is state funding specifically for schools in your district~ usually. 

I would certainly check out: https://www.nsta.org/publications/freebies.aspx

There are free things available like posters from Vernier but there are also teacher awards and grants you can learn more about. 

Congratulations and good luck!

Pamela Dupre
Pamela Dupre
91984 Activity Points

Post Reply

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers