On February 11, 2017, dozens of educators nationwide took part in this live, 4-hour virtual conference. Whether your state has formally adopted the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) or has adopted similar three-dimensional standards, the virtual conference’s archives offer a strong foundation on which to build your implementation efforts.
At the end of the virtual conference, participants will be able to:
- Communicate the essential aspects of the three dimensions of NGSS
- Construct an explanation on how the three dimensions are integrated in NGSS
- Analyze lessons to identify ways to make them more student-centered
- Identify phenomena that can drive student learning
- Develop a professional learning plan to improve science instruction
Here are some comments from those who attended the live event:
- "I liked the fact that it was on a Saturday morning and that I could do it from home. It did not interrupt my work schedule."
- "The conference helped me understand cross cutting concepts. It also gave me an understanding to implement NGSS correctly."
- "The questions generated by the participants were excellent and the presenters had great information."
Learn more about the virtual conference's presenters and agenda. You may also purchase all the sessions' archives.