Shell Science Lab Regional Challenge
This web seminar took place on February 28, 2018, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern time. The presenter was Ruth Ruud, Adjunct Instructor at Cleveland State University. Thanks to the participants and the presenter for the learning opportunity, the interactions, and a job well done!
Do you work near a Shell asset? Are you a K-12 science teacher? Learn how to apply to win up to $15k to support your science classroom by attending this web seminar. Join us on Wednesday, February 28, 2018, starting at 6:30 pm Eastern time to learn more about this outstanding opportunity.
The targeted assets are:
- Mobile, AL
- Martinez, CA (Martinez Unified School District, Mt. Diablo Unified School District)
- Carson, CA (LAUSDs in Carson, Mormon Island, Signal Hill, Van Nuys, Colton, Long Beach)
- Convent, LA (St. James Parish)
- Geismar, LA (Ascension Parish)
- Norco, LA (St. Charles Parish, St. John Parish)
- New Orleans, LA (Jefferson Parish, Orleans Parish, Terrebonne Parish, LaFourche Parish)
- Monaca, PA (Cen. Valley, Aliquippa, W.Beaver, Beaver, Rochester, N. Brighton, Riverside, Beaver Falls, Blackhawk)
- Deer Park, TX (Deer Park ISD, Pasadena ISD, LaPorte ISD)
- Kermit, TX (Kermit ISD and Pecos-Barstow-Toyah ISD)
- Puget Sound, WA (Anacortes SD, La Conner SD, Mt. Vernon SD, Burlington-Edison SD, Sedro-Wooley SD, Concrete SD)
- Houston, TX (Region 4 Education Service Center)
View the web seminar archive
To view the presentation slides from the web seminar and related resources, visit the resource collection. Continue discussing this topic in the community forums.
A certificate of attendance was deposited into participants' My Profile area in the NSTA Learning Center for completing the evaluation form at the end of the program.
Here are some comments provided by the participants at the end of the Web Seminar:
- "I enjoyed the little hints and clarification regarding the guidelines of the Regional Lab Challenge. I enjoyed hearing the other participants’ comments answered. They thought of questions that I may not have thought to ask."
- "I am thankful that this was about an award available to me that I did not know about before."
- "It was very informative and will allow me to create an application that will hopefully bring my school much needed science supplies."
- "I am glad that I participated. I feel confident to move forward with the application process. Thanks, again!"
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Underwritten by Shell