NSTA Virtual Conference: NGSS Practices in Action
On November 15, 2014, close to 340 educators nationwide took part in a day-long
virtual conference where they learned practical strategies for integrating the Next
Generation Science Standards (NGSS) into their classrooms.
Now available is the best of the NGSS Practices in Action virtual conference archive for
only $79 for NSTA Members and $99 for nonmembers.
This web-based professional learning opportunity featured interactive sessions on
modeling, explanation and argumentation, and engineering, plus breakout sessions
by grade level and discipline.
Learn more about the NGSS Practices in Action
NOT AN NGSS ADOPTION STATE? You'll still want to order this archive
session and learn more about NGSS best practices and specific classroom strategies
that you can use right away.
Below are some comments from participants about this Virtual Conference:
- "I have a better understanding of NGSS and feel less apprehensive about the changes
due to the great sessions from the various presenters today. I also liked how our
input as educators was valued during the presentations."
- "Most sessions gave great food for thought in how to look at teaching NGSS along
with very specific examples that enabled me to see what it could look like in practice.
I am in charge of my district's NGSS implementation roll-out and the more I can
have for real life examples the better I can help teachers feel like this is something
they can do."
- "I enjoyed the interactive nature of the presentations - it made you feel an active
participant in the audience; the responsiveness of presenters to participant questions;
the examples provided so that I can help teachers visualize how to transition current
instructional strategies to NGSS aligned strategies."
- "Excellent presenters - the individuals and the conference were well organized."
- "I liked the interactive nature of it and the fact that I was able to attend a conference
without having to travel. I was able to participate more than in a regular conference"
For more information contact email@example.com